WELCOME

Hi! Welcome to the blog for Fauset Photography! I'm Jen, a wedding and lifestyle portrait photographer based in Salt Lake City. My style is fresh, modern, layed back with a twist of a vintage feel. I'm a mom to 5 fabulous children who make me smile everyday. I really really love photography, always have. My goal is to capture images that will make you feel something. I want to freeze a moment in time for you...forever. Thanks for stopping by...do it again. And don't forget to leave a comment. They make me oh so happy!

Tuesday, December 21, 2010

The Sweetness of Carter....who lived for 9 months in the belly of his mama

There are many reasons I'm grateful this holiday season.  One of them is my love of photography, and the enormous blessings that have come from it.  This year I've had the privilege of working with some amazing people going through hard, hard things.  I've realized that there are those whose trials are right there in front of our faces, and many many others who are enduring, silently, the enormous burdens life has brought them.  Only this year I've worked with the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation a few times, and 2 families with children who have CF. An amazing family who's father and husband went through brain surgery. Sweet Jonas Coleman who had SMA....I photographed him and his family then only weeks later he passed away.  Mr. Super Spencer, 8 years old, who is undergoing a year long treatment for his cancer.  I got to photograph his fundraiser, his Make A Wish, and his family.  Another great family who's mother is undergoing chemo AGAIN, after being cancer free.
And this wonderful girl, her family, and her precious still born baby Carter.  Ashley was full term, and due in a few days with her first baby, when she went in for an ultrasound.  They couldn't find a heartbeat.  I was going to photograph the birth of Carter.  I got the phone call from her Mom telling me what had happened.  I cried all the way to the hospital just after she gave birth.  I waited on the floor in the hallway with her mom, dad, sister, brother and friend.  This family is to say the least, amazing.  Her mom is the epitome of strength, endurance, service and love.  And her Dad, he's just one big pillar of strength and then mush inside. So loving and kind.  She's a lucky girl to have so much support.
It was a truly sacred experience.  Ash loves him...she kept talking to him, kissing him and snuggling up to him.  I have no doubt he felt everyone of those sweet words she whispered and every soft touch to his tiny hands and face. Thank you Ash for letting me meet your sweetness baby.  He is watching you from heaven.

Makes me so incredibly thankful.  Thankful for all I've been given, and for all of you who have made my year so meaningful.  Thank you.

Ash, and Carter. And Carter with the hands of both of his parents.






   











Ashleys Dad.  What a tender and sacred moment.  I feel so blessed to have captured that moment in time forever.  It brings me right back to how I felt in that room at that moment.

I'm always happy to donate my photography services for situations like this.  I'm also a part of a group called Now I Lay Me Down To Sleep who does this as well.  I'm also always willing to do the same for terminally ill kids, and adults.  Don't hesitate to email me if you know someone in any of these situations.  No one should leave this life without great photos to preserve their memory.  We never know what tomorrow holds for us.

25 comments:

Hollie Jay December 21, 2010 at 9:44 AM  

I just cried and cried reading this. Such beautiful photos of such a beautiful baby. This is truly inspiring, thank you.

Jo-Anne Asuncion December 21, 2010 at 9:59 AM  

I cried reading this whole piece, too. So sad and beautiful at the same time. Thank you for sharing this story. It truly touched my heart.

Fauset Photography December 21, 2010 at 10:10 AM  

Thanks you two, I really appreciate your comments!!!

coniru December 21, 2010 at 10:15 AM  

Thank you for this post, jen. i think its a wonderful and courageous thing to ask to have photos taken of just a sacred event - and you said it perfectly: "No one should leave this life without great photos to preserve their memory." Sometimes photos are all we have to hang on to. They keep our loved ones close. Photos help us grieve and help relieve our souls from the anguish. You are doing a wonder-full service. love you, jen!

Sera December 21, 2010 at 12:40 PM  

You are amazing, Jen. These are incredible photos. I don't even know what else to say. You are just amazing.

Andrea December 21, 2010 at 1:15 PM  

This is one of the saddest stories I have read in a looong time. I have a special place in my heart for women who endure pregnancy loss in any way, shape, or form. I could hardly read the story or look at the pictures because the emotion was too much! So much love, thoughts, and prayers go out to this amazing woman and her family.

Kim and Chet December 21, 2010 at 1:58 PM  

And now I am just bawling my eyes out. What a beautiful post. I cannot even imagine how difficult that situation would be. Such beautiful photographs and what a blessing it is for that family to have them to always remember their sweet little angel baby. You are wonderful Jen! Thank you for sharing that and putting so many things into perspective.

Taylor's December 21, 2010 at 3:22 PM  

What a tender Moment for you and for the family - thank you to both of you for allowing us to feel the spirit of Christ this holiday season.

TheWrightStuff December 21, 2010 at 6:26 PM  

Wow, you have really met some amazing people this year. I couldn't imagine going through some of those trials. This was such a tender post. I was reading it out loud to Jed and couldn't finish because my emotions became too strong to talk. We will pray for this special family. Thanks a lot Jen- I'm going to be crying all night! I'm still crying as I write this :) You will be so blessed for your amazing work that you are here doing.
Love Missy and Jed

jalna December 22, 2010 at 1:02 AM  

Very, very touching and special post. Thanks for sharing.

LaBuervenich Photography December 22, 2010 at 9:39 AM  

I am crying so hard, this is so sad. Your right though Carter is in Heaven now! Which is way better then being here on this crummy earth, and his mom will get to snuggle, and kiss, and be with her baby again when she makes her way to heaven. What a strong women she is!

You are such an amazing person Jen, you are an inspiration, and a blessing to this world. I love you, because of who you are, and look up to you greatly.

Kami December 22, 2010 at 10:26 AM  

Over the past 14 months i have counted my blessing all to many times for god saving my little girl Alyxandria Aspen.

From these photos I cant imagine how she felt... She is beautiful & her son is precious, forever will she have amazing photos like the ones you took to remind how special her beautiful son is.

Thank you for taking such amazing pictures Jen. These are breath taking and so heart warming. You are an amazing photograapher.

JennSeverns December 22, 2010 at 11:01 AM  

What a blessing for you to be there for them to capture the few memories they will have of this little angel. I know it can be the hardest thing to be there for someone during their trials, but having you there for them might be the blessin...g they need. I know as a Doula i get to help moms through their deliveries. Their most painful moments in life. But when that baby is born they realize how much of a help you are for them. I've seen babies go up for adoption and be whisked away after birth. Being there for mom and helping her out is so important. You are a treasure! What a gift you bring to those families. Keep up the good work. Love to see you on here!!

the Melvanator December 22, 2010 at 2:10 PM  

Jen, You're an Angel yourself for taking these pics of our daughter and our grandbaby for us. Only you could've captured that day with us. We love you so much for being our dear friend. We'll never ever forget you. I expect to have you right there with us for all of our other upcoming special times and moments. I always want to be blessed with seeing things thru your eyes. It's like heaven on earth. All our love Jen!!! Eternally!!

TESOL certification December 22, 2010 at 5:34 PM  

The pictures itself tells the whole story. You're sure blessed with an angel.

Karen Rowley December 23, 2010 at 10:13 AM  

These pictures are just so tender and sweet jen, I know they will cherish them always. What a difficult time for the family. I'm glad you could be there to save these moments for them. I'm proud you daughter! Love Mom

Unknown December 24, 2010 at 1:31 PM  

beautiful. crying my eyes out for that sweet mama and her beautiful boy.

Anna & Nando December 26, 2010 at 9:47 PM  

Jen, you are amazing and blessed to have been given the opportunity to share in such personal and incredible moments. I know your spirit and presence brings a light of sunshine to these people. Bless your heart!

jwaite December 27, 2010 at 12:11 AM  

I just followed your blog I want to become a photographer for the mama's and the papa's of this world that have loss their little ones before they were able to take a breath of air. This also happened to me this year in August. I also was full term when my little girl loss her heartbeat. But I found out when I was going to hospital because I was in Labor we didn't think anything of it because at our last doctors office we had heard her heartbeat and she was healthy and the doctor told us she will be here by next week. I was lucky to have a photographer come into the hospital and take pictures of my baby girl. I had always loved photography but that is what made me want to do photography.

My heart is aching for this family my daughter was our second pregnancy after our first pregnancy was a miscarriage.

Sheree Flick Photography January 6, 2011 at 10:57 AM  

You just reminded me to be thankful for what I have been given. Thank you, what a sweet, sweet family, my heart goes out to them.

Bryndie January 8, 2011 at 10:04 AM  

I have not pulled up your blog in a while. I am so glad I saw this session. I have been bawling now for 10 minutes. What a moment to go through. You are amazing Jen for all the wonderful things you do for families.

Amber, Old Main Photography January 11, 2011 at 3:38 PM  
This comment has been removed by the author.
Amber, Old Main Photography January 11, 2011 at 3:46 PM  

Thank you for sharing this incredibly moving moment. What a blessing to everyone for you to share your talent in this way. Inspirational. The best word to describe this artwork is "sacred".

Sailing with bare feet January 12, 2012 at 1:48 PM  

The babies little lips are so cute!
I'm due Feb 4th .. my first DD was Jan 24th... So close !
Come visit my blog. http://sailingwithbarefeet.blogspot.com/

Unknown July 24, 2012 at 2:11 AM  

I have no words to how to express my feelings after reading your article... just want to say its just adorable.. or yeah What a photography you done! all are so nice..


Kansas City Baby Photography

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Search This Blog

Followers

About This Blog

Hi! I'm Jen, and I own Fauset Photography. I'm a Salt Lake City Utah family, newborn, child and senior photographer. I love photographing interaction between families. My style is a bit candid, along with a traditional twist. I love capturing children as they really are, following them with my camera and just getting who they are is my favorite. Urban family photography here in Salt Lake is one of my favorites!!
I've been photographing weddings for 6 years, I love it so much! Fauset Photography is based in Salt Lake City, Utah- but I travel to Arizona often for faithful clients and weddings. I've also shot weddings in Park City Utah, Denver Colorado, Las Vegas Nevada, Flagstaff and Sedona Arizona, and San Diego California. Thanks for visiting my blog and don't forget to visit my website!
Jen

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP